
This one made my whole day. I love that Evelyn thinks I weigh less than my purse and that I'm worth at least $200. *Click on the scanned image to enlarge it.

And of course, Happy Mother's Day to our moms!
Mom, you're a great mom who has set an outstanding example for me to follow with my own kids. You can still run circles around me in the housekeeping/cooking/energy departments, but maybe I can graduate with my Family Maintenance degree before my own kids start to move out in 14 years. Heck, at least I've acquired the minivan, so that's a start, isn't it? I'm very blessed to have such a devoted mom - I love you! There's so many reasons I love you, but these are just a few....
- You can cook a meal, clean the house, do two loads of laundry, give my kids a bath and play a game of Candyland in the time it takes me to run to the store for milk. Amazing.
- You've never complained once about all of our crazy moves we've made in the last 7 years. You just put on your work clothes and move in until the work is done. Seven houses, two babies and four towns later, you're still ready to help if we ask.
- You've done all that with a smile, no matter that you missed Dad's retirement party, missed Dad's birthday, your anniversary and a whole bunch of other events because you were helping us. You even spent your birthday getting high on paint fumes because you were helping Eli paint our ENTIRE house in Tulsa while I waited at the hotel with a 5 week old baby.
- You did some damage to your new SUV by backing into the garage while we were moving a load to the new house but you just kept on going that day because there were flowers to be planted and dishes to be put away.
- You will always split the two cheeseburger meal at Mickey D's with me while we're shopping because we can always use a little energy to make it to TJMaxx and Target.
- You lose your glasses without realizing they are still on top of your head.
- You still ask me if I want butter on my sandwiches, even though I've said no for more than 30 years.
- You always triple check any small appliance before leaving the house, but I'm pretty sure you've never found anything you forgot to turn off. Meanwhile, I know it drives you nuts that Eli and I can't manage to turn off the lights when we leave the house, much less check to see if we've left the iron on.
- You and Aunt Dee are the new, hip generation of Grandma and Kay K. I love that.
- You still force me to eat vegetables when we're together for a meal.
- You have about three times as many shoes as me, but you manage to keep each pair in its own plastic, labeled box in your spotless closet while my 20 pairs always seem to end up on my tiny closet floor or carried off by Hank to be chewed beyond recognition.
- You made 30 pew bows and table centerpieces for our wedding to help make the day a little more personalized even though I wasn't much help because I managed to break my wrist 2 months before the wedding.
- And last but certainly not least, you are a fantastic mom and grandma to our family and we love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment