Saturday, October 20, 2007

Same trip, different day

For the last part of Fall Break this week, my friend Julie and I took the little girls back to Silver Dollar City for the day. It's the Annual Craft Fair Weekend here at home so we figured it might be less crowded at SDC because the scrap bookers and basket weavers would be otherwise occupied in the endless acres of nick knacks and fanny packs.

But no such luck.

The park was packed, but since it was just the four of us with no curfew, we spent a leisurely afternoon at the park. We rode the usual rides, but this visit I coaxed E to try Fire in the Hole and even though I rode the roller coaster with her, she hated it. She came off the ride wide-eyed, saying it was the 'scariest ride ever'. Of course, her buddy G, who is younger than E, loved it and wanted to ride again. So, since I'd burned my bridge with her, E opted not to gamble again when I tried to talk her into touring Grandfather's Mansion. Only after G convinced her it was silly and not scary, she decided to venture in. Of course they loved it and she wanted to walk through again and again.

After the purchase of handmade taffy and succotash, it was getting dark, so we packed up and headed to the outlets to do a little shopping and have a gourmet dinner of corn dog bites and fries. We pulled into the driveway back home shortly before midnight and all Eli could do was wonder how we'd spent 14 hours in Branson for the third time in 5 weeks.

I tell you again. It's those season passes. We cannot stay away.

Dressed for the big day




The rides that the girls could ride together without the moms were their favorites



The schoolhouse was another one of their favorites. They each got to do an assignment on a slate and then have the teacher "grade" it for them.

The schoolhouse teacher had this riddle on the blackboard. We couldn't figure out the answer.

Too much sugar today.



No comments: