Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Happy days

Things that made me happy this week
  • The weather has finally been chilly! I've been looking forward to the hoodie and jean-wearing weather for months.
  • The kids have had a good week at school. By good, I mean F hasn't been in time out more than once a day and E reports that she ate most of her lunch despite the fact that she picked her ham sandwich apart and enjoyed the "butter sandwich" better. Yuck.
  • Eli didn't have to leave for Phoenix until today and he'll be back tomorrow.
  • I still haven't been called for jury duty yet (knock on wood). I'm almost to the halfway mark for the quarter!
  • Eli finally had time and good weather to clean up the pond in our backyard and it looks great. He added a pump and we now have our very own waterfall from a rustic bucket. Hey, that's a fancy thing around here....
  • I vacuumed approximately 5 pounds of chicken nuggets, straw wrappers, happy meal toys and other random items out of my van today and it looks brand new. But no, Eli, we still aren't trading it in.
  • We booked our very first trip to Dis*neyWor*ld this week. It will be a short visit, but we're looking forward to visiting the castle over Thanksgiving!
  • I visited the dentist and no cavities and better still, no root canals!
  • F's mangled toe is doing better. Still looks gross, but he's out of the Thomas slippers and back into a tennis shoe without much protest, so we're making progress.

No comments: