Sunday, March 15, 2009

A little of this, a little of that

We're a week away from Spring Break! I can't believe how fast this school year has gone. E is only a few months away from getting the boot from kindergarten into first grade!

Since it's been a month since I last logged on to post an update (I know, I need to do better), here's a quick update to the happening at our house.

Eli still likes his job in KC, but hates the split time between home and work each week. The weekend barely gets started and he's packing his suitcase again for another work week. Our house still hasn't found its new owner, but we're still hopeful for some action soon.

The last month has been filled with lots of activities. I accompanied F's class on their field trip to the new fire station. Eleven preschoolers loose in a large building kept all four adults on their toes, but the kids loved every minute of it.

Later that week we took both of the kids to the train show that comes to our area once a year. Eli took F last year by himself, but this year all four of us went. I've never seen so many grown men showing off their toys! The kids had a great time and there was an area where they let the kids run the trains with the help of the conductors.



Then a few weeks ago I was given a reprieve from mom duty and I joined 15 other moms on a weekend trip to Branson for some shopping and relaxing. My friend Julie found a beautiful cabin that slept 20 people comfortably, but most importantly, it also featured 7 full bathrooms, which was a great deal for a group of 16 women! The group was mostly made up of the girls from our Bunco group, but a few extras filled in the spots for the moms who couldn't make the trip and we all had a great time.

These are the girls from our old neighborhood in Centerton who made the trip with us. It's been three years since we moved out of our house, but we all remain close friends. Among this group alone, we left behind 12 kids for the weekend with their dads, so we made sure to make the most of our time!


And this is the group shot of everyone who stayed at the cabin.

It wouldn't have been deemed a successful trip without some serious bargain hunting, so my car left bright and early on Saturday morning, only to return after dark when the shopping center locked its doors and kicked us out. Good thing, because my van was filled to the brim with the shopping bags long before dusk. These girls are professionals when it comes to locating the deals.


My friend Brandi won the award for the biggest haul of the day. I think the final total was 8 pairs of shoes, 10 complete outfits for herself, 3 handbags and an assortment of clothing for her kids and husband. OH! And she bought the ShamWow kit, as seen on TV!


Amazingly we had the energy to hang tough after all that shopping and stay up until the wee hours of the night. All in all, a very good weekend.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Fun!! Shopping in Branson w/girlfriends, looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Thanks for the blog comment. Sounds like we are just missing you guys...moving to WA in June. When are you moving to KC? Remember the T-Rex restaurant is a MUST at Legends shopping center in KCK--your kids will love it!

Unknown said...

Nothing like a girls' weekend! I'm jealous! And right there in Branson...girl, you know I love Banana Republic outlet...no FAIR! You're gonna miss that!

Wish you were near...rather than FAR! (picture Grover running at you)

Love, MEG