Monday, March 12, 2007
Eli's Random Story O The Day
Because I travel quite a bit for work, I consider myself quite a savvy business traveler. Last week I flew Southwest which I normally do not fly because it requires a 2 hour drive to Tulsa to catch, but last week the stars were aligned and it worked out for me. On my return from Phoenix, the flight was booked and I was near the end of the "A" boarding group. Knowing it was going to be full, I made my way toward the rear of the 737 and started my target search. Was it best to sit in the aisle (which is my preference) in a row completely empty, OR best to find one that is occupied by a window patron? Oh, the choices, the pressure, it was really beginning to mount. Then, as if the sky opened up and cast a ray of sunshine to light my destiny, I spotted a very nice woman settled into her window seat in row 18. It was, by FAR, the most brilliant plan conceived in the history of cattle car travel. As I asked for permission to join her row, she slid her giant purse out of my seat and into the center seat. I placed my bags in their appropriate locations and settled in. Now you may be asking yourself what was so brilliant about this plan...it's not like I scored some kind of magical upgrade in a First Class that doesn't exist. Well, the brilliance was evident as the plane patrons shuffled by one by one filling up the windows and aisles, then lastly the center seats. As they assumed their hard target searches, just as I had done, the proof was in their expressions. How in the world was anyone going to fit between an oversized nice little lady and me? We never even got a second glance! Brilliant!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is too funny! E, you are tops in my book, I hope I can think like an E next time i am traveling!
Post a Comment