OK, so I had to hijack Cindy's blog to share the story of yesterday evening. My good friend Michael invited me to the Northwest Arkansas Toughman Contest last night. I think there is a code among these types of events that requires all of the following:
80's jean jackets
Nascar tshirts
Excessive cigarette smoking
Coors
Harley paraphernalia
Caustic obnoxious behavior
and of course Mullets
It was far more entertaining than the Sig Ep Boxing Tourney at O'Connell's used to be. I can always equate the audience members to the classic rock listening people who seem to live in the 1982 time warp and their Firebird with the sweet honeycomb wheels is BAD. It reminded me of the time Cindy and I went to the KRXO Classic Rock 107.7 Tennis Shoe Tuxedo Ball several years ago. Now, for clarification, we were invited by Cindy's coworker whose husband was one of the morning DJ's and we were warned it would be a spectacle to behold. Indeed it was. People come out of the woods from all corners, and I mean truly from the WOODS, to attend these much anticipated events. I think the Holiday Inn abutting the convention center last night was booked with folks who came to the "city" in droves to witness the annual event.
Now before you go thinking I am being a judgmental conservative, I must admit a very sad truth. I loved it! I couldn't help but get caught up in the aura of trashiness that was rippling through the Springdale Convention Center. Hoping to see some poor guy get knocked on his keister, or cheering and jeering when some schmuck gets his arm broken and cannot continue. It has led me to a very unpleasant conclusion. Maybe I too am a tad bit white trash. So I am proud. Perhaps I will sticker up my truck with the number 8 and a sticker that reads "My Kid Beat Up Your Honor Student". Rock On! (just not the classic variety) Big Daddy E...OUT!
No comments:
Post a Comment