Thursday, April 5, 2007

Week in Review

So here's a few random thoughts that have occupied my head this week.

  • Why is it snowing tonight?! It's April and Easter is just 3 days away! Just two days ago the kids were playing in the swimming pool and sprinkler in our front yard. It was almost 85 degrees that day and tonight I'm covering my flowers so they don't turn into popsicles as the temperature drops below freezing.





  • Today I talked to my friend who is getting married this summer in OKC. We used to work together and she saw me through my single life, my wedding, three of our moves, my kids - and now it's her turn to start down the same road when she gets married this summer. I told her to enjoy this time in her life - so many milestones are still ahead of her. Then I realized that maybe my next BIG milestone will be either retirement or grandkids. How sad is that?! Our moves are so frequent that they don't count as milestones and we're done with babies, so other than the kids' stuff, really, what's left until we start celebrating the anniversaries that call for the precious metals?

  • Another good friend of mine in Oklahoma is pregnant with baby #3 and she's due in less than 6 weeks. Know what she was doing when we visited her at home last week? Hot gluing teeny tiny pompoms on top of about 50 pushpins so they would match the bulletin board she made by herself to match in her older girls' room. I wish I had that kind of determination 6 weeks before my kids were born. We changed our morning playdate and pushed it into the afternoon because she wanted to go to Hobby Lobby and buy more feather boas to hot glue around said bulletin board because she didn't like the first boa border she had done. She's crazy and I love her for it. I knew when we met our freshman year in college that we'd be great friends. She's the only reason I passed that 8AM music class. She is the wonder mom in my eyes and can run circles around me anyday of the week, which is why she and her husband are F's godparents. I've considering just dropping off E and F at her house and picking them up after she teaches them to eat something other than chicken nuggets. One other thing...Her husband has known the sex of their baby since their ultrasound six months ago and she STILL doesn't know if it's a boy or girl. The envelope from the ultrasound is sitting right inside her bedside table and she still hasn't peeked. If that's not sheer willpower, I don't know what is.

  • E has found a friend in our neighborhood that she absolutely loves. She wakes up each morning looking out the window to see if G is home and wants to knock on her door at 7am. I'm sad it took us almost a year to meet these great neighbors, but I'm glad they have so much time to spend with each other now.


  • Papa E is back in Phoenix this week. He flew with a horrible earache yesterday and reported last night that the pain was equivalent to the male version of childbirth. Although I was very sorry he was in pain, he didn't get much sympathy from the one who basically birthed F without an epidural.

Not much else to report here. It's almost midnight and I'm still awake. Not sure why this happens almost every night as my evening pretty much winds down when the kids fall asleep. I guess it's the only time I can sneak ice cream without sharing it and I can watch my General Hospital on DVR without being interrupted.

No comments: