- It's very hot. No way around it. Dry heat versus humidity? Not sure which one I'd choose when faced with our regular 90-degree weather with high humidity at home or the 115- degree Phoenix climate with the dry heat. It's all hot to me.
- Desert landscape is beautiful if you can enjoy it by a pool, in an air conditioned restaurant or from your cool car. I have no idea how Eli has survived all summer outside on his job site when they've had more than 35 days of 105+ degree temperatures.



- There are a lot of geckos. And given my phobia of fast moving creepy creatures, this was one thing about Phoenix I did not enjoy. Just like when we visit Florida, I was paranoid I'd find one hiding in my luggage when I was unpacking back at home.
- I found a lot of great shopping spots while Eli worked during the day. So much so that I had to buy two extra duffel bags to get all the stuff back home. Don't think for a minute that I didn't endure a few less-than-happy comments from my husband when we were dragging four bags to the Southwest ticketing counter and had to wait in a 30-minute line to check our luggage.
- This hotel has a great restaurant and pool area. I definitely enjoyed the hot weather more when we were sitting by the pool. I didn't get a chance to check out the spa area, but apparently it is the main attraction at this resort.


- I finally got to check out Tra*der Jo*e's. I wish we had those stores here at home. They have everything you'd need to throw a fun dinner party. We also stocked up on some great wine that we couldn't buy at home (which is why we needed one of those extra duffel bags - it wasn't ALL for my other shopping treasures). For the record, wine weighs more than shoes, in case you're trying to stay under the 50-pound-per bag rule for checking luggage.
- I also was excited to see my aunt and uncle who have lived in Phoenix for 7 years but I've never been able to visit. We enjoyed spending an evening with them and they treated us to dinner at one of their neighborhood favorites. My uncle also schooled us in the difference between the "stack" and the "mini-stack". If you're ever stuck in the great desert rush hour, you'll need to know too.
No comments:
Post a Comment