The weather was typical for this time of year in the mountains, but thanks to this storm that rolled in the day after we arrived, we were able to enjoy 8 inches of new powder on the slopes.
Monday, February 18, 2008
Just like riding a bike
After more than a decade of "rest" from the ski slopes, we met A and J in Colorado this week to check out the mountains with Aunt Joy. The boys and Joy skied for a few days, but A and I decided to balance out our vacation with a few days of shopping too.
The weather was typical for this time of year in the mountains, but thanks to this storm that rolled in the day after we arrived, we were able to enjoy 8 inches of new powder on the slopes.



Then the sun came out and it was the perfect day to try to remember how to board a ski lift without getting our skis tangled as well as tackle our new favorite run, Piece O' Cake! The boys challenged the blue and black runs and even a few moguls without any broken bones.

I did ski for one day after I was sure I had escaped the clutches of altitude sickness. As you can see, I am alert and upright, so this vacation to the mountains was deemed successful. It sure was more pleasant than previous attempts to ascend the Rockies when I've passed out and the only cure was mashed potatoes topped with M&M's.
The weather was typical for this time of year in the mountains, but thanks to this storm that rolled in the day after we arrived, we were able to enjoy 8 inches of new powder on the slopes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment