- 3 late nights of wrapping presents, only to drive those same gifts 500 miles directly north, be unwrapped by little people who actually live here in this house, and be driven 500 miles back home again. Not to mention the large bicycles we ordered from Santa and will have to make room for on the return trip.
- 5 hours trying to locate and pack 3 suitcases full of winter gear that we've owned for 4 years but never worn because it doesn't get that cold here.
- 1 day returning would-be gifts back to the store because after starting the wrapping-marathon, I realized the kids had waaaay too many things. This is the pitfall of attempting to shop early. I forgot what I bought and had a lot of extras when it came time to wrap them.
- 3 hours baking and decorating cookies for the holiday party at school this week. Actually, after the first dozen, I had to put the other 2 dozen aside until the kids went to bed. This was purely for my own sanity and the preservation of my kitchen.
- Speaking of preserving sanity, I spent 2 hours at That Big Store yesterday shopping for items to keep the peace on the 9-hour trek to the frozen tundra.
- 2 hours finding and ensuring the camera batteries, the Leap*sters, the cell phones and video cameras are all charged
- 10 loads of laundry since Monday morning, as I kept remembering things that needed to be washed before I could pack them.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
All in a day's work
So what exactly is involved in getting a family of four plus a dog ready for a holiday trip? Let's see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment