They have this silly rule that you cannot shoot video or snap pictures during the "real" recital, so dress rehearsal is the only opportunity to catch the kids on film. I guess you could just buy the $50 DVD they push, but since I didn't really want anything but E's class and their 2-minute dance, I dusted off the videocamera and luckily remembered to charge the battery. It was dead since the last video we did was more than 3 years ago.
I got some good pictures, but I'm glad no one was there to document me while I was trying to take pictures with my digital camera in one hand while running the video camera with the other. I'm sure I looked completely ridiculous. I can't wait to watch the footage because the entire time I was trying desperately to keep my hands balanced and steady, I was also trying to ignore F insisting that he had to potty, potty NOW, POTTY NOW MOMMA!, so I'm sure the audio on the recording will be very entertaining.
The girls did great and (most) of the pictures turned out decent. Aunt A just looked at the pictures I emailed her a little while ago and called to ask if I had put false eyelashes on E for rehearsal. That girl DOES have some eyelashes but we didn't do anything to them except add mascara!
F also did okay entertaining himself for the 3 hour tour of dance after he finally made his potty stop. He spent the first hour checking out every hidden spot in the enormous auditorium, but he was literally climbing the walls by the second hour. I found him here, trying to scale the wall and walk on the railing like a balance beam.
No comments:
Post a Comment