Friday, February 9, 2007

It's time to train again

It is time to potty train again! I was spoiled the first time around because Eli's mom worked with E on training while she was staying in Oklahoma for several days. By the time she came home, all I had to do was maintain the routine she had already established.

So, this time around, I'm on my own with the training. In anticipation of this effort I went to Wal Mart and bought Pull Ups and other assorted toiletries that I thought would help. I also bought a bag of MMs to use as rewards for successful trips to the little boys' room.

Apparently training boys has evolved over the years and there's all these new things to help boys learn to go standing up from the get-go. My friend Megan told me about the Peter Potty and how well it worked for her son so we decided to give it a try. This thing is hilarious - complete with a water reservoir so the boys can "flush" when they are finished. I'll admit that I was skeptical. I wasn't sure F would know what to do, but this morning he strolled right into the bathroom and did what he was supposed to do without any coercing from anyone! And he did enjoy the MM's for breakfast.

3 comments:

aWare said...

2 funny!!!! now I know who to go to in 2 years!! let us know how it goes!!

susie said...

I am ordering one TODAY! Looks like this will be a lot of fun at Nana's house for Katie's boys! (and maybe Kara's too...?!?!)
Love you guys - Thanks for including us in your blog-list - I love to keep updated on ya.
Susie

Unknown said...

Yeah PETER POTTY...I laughed for days after he arrived anonymously from my Dad...guess the man knows a thing or 2. I am glad this is working.....I wish I could have loaned your ours...but before we know it Mr. C will be all about it too! Man, I miss you!