E was so excited to show me her tracing and pointed out how she drew the flowers (or her kidneys, depending on how you look at it) she had on her shirt that day. It was a great effort, worthy of all preschool awards of course, but upon closer inspection, I saw she had not only written her name backward across the chest of her tracing, but also in mirror image form. I was confused and wondered if maybe she was going to need some help for dyslexia. I asked her if she knew she had printed her name like she would see it in a mirror. She just gave me this look like, "duh mom!" and said "silly, it looks that way because I was wearing my name on my back the day we traced ourselves!"
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
All About E
The kids have been working on an "All About Me" unit at preschool this week and one of the assignments they had to do it was trace their body on a huge sheet of art paper and then decorate it however they wanted. Some of the kids drew their faces, some colored theirs to match the clothing they had on, and others didn't do anything but just write their names across their heads.

E was so excited to show me her tracing and pointed out how she drew the flowers (or her kidneys, depending on how you look at it) she had on her shirt that day. It was a great effort, worthy of all preschool awards of course, but upon closer inspection, I saw she had not only written her name backward across the chest of her tracing, but also in mirror image form. I was confused and wondered if maybe she was going to need some help for dyslexia. I asked her if she knew she had printed her name like she would see it in a mirror. She just gave me this look like, "duh mom!" and said "silly, it looks that way because I was wearing my name on my back the day we traced ourselves!"
E was so excited to show me her tracing and pointed out how she drew the flowers (or her kidneys, depending on how you look at it) she had on her shirt that day. It was a great effort, worthy of all preschool awards of course, but upon closer inspection, I saw she had not only written her name backward across the chest of her tracing, but also in mirror image form. I was confused and wondered if maybe she was going to need some help for dyslexia. I asked her if she knew she had printed her name like she would see it in a mirror. She just gave me this look like, "duh mom!" and said "silly, it looks that way because I was wearing my name on my back the day we traced ourselves!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment