Sunday, August 5, 2007

Happy Birthday Papa!

The kids have been in Oklahoma this week helping Papa celebrate his fifty-something birthday. By the time we arrived on Saturday to pick them up, they had a few pool tricks to show us.







Other news around here is that we are very sad to say Hank will be going to a new home next week. We've been searching for a good home for him since he bit F a few months ago, but we've had a hard time finding a family who would spoil him. He will be going to F's speech therapist's parents house in north central Arkansas on Friday.

They already have one shih tzu who enjoys an air conditioned/heated doghouse when he's outside, so I'm sure Hank will love his newly adopted family. They're a younger retired couple who love to spoil their other fur kid. Assuming all goes well when Hank meets their other dog, he will settle in with them. We're not sure how the kids will do with his departure, but for the well-being of F's toes, fingers, ears and cheeks, we had to find him another home.

The kids go back to school tomorrow morning and I think I'm the most excited of any of us! They'll be in school 6 hours a day, 3 days a week. Freedom! Of course, this week my free time will be spent cleaning since my parents will be here Tuesday, but I'm looking forward to having some time to myself this year. Maybe I can finally get caught up on my projects that I've neglected for too long.

The kids also had a chance to play with their friend M a few weeks ago while Eli helped her parents move into their new house. They LOVE babies and M is about the easiest baby to have around that I've ever met.

No comments: