A few things...
that made me smile this week- The kiddos went back to school and they both seem to really like their classes and teachers.
- E apparently already has caught the eye of a boy in her class. She, however, doesn't really seem to be impressed with the attention. Her dad is hopeful that attitude continues into her teenage years. Who could resist this face?

- F was only put in time-out once at school this week. His offense evidently involved defending his right to a tricycle with a working wheel.
- No accidents for F all week at school! I knew being the youngest in his class would serve him well. He has all those older boys as role models.
- Mom and Dad were here for several days this week and it's always fun to see them. At least it motivated me to really clean the house.

- Dad added another "rule" to the always growing list of Dad-isms this week. He maintains everyone should sit with their back to the wall in a public establishment if possible, as per the old Wild West saloon days. He reinforced this at our breakfast outing to Village Inn as he angled for a seat against the wall while Mom and I were left to dangle precariously in the aisles on the other side of the table trying not to laugh at his latest advice. So I've added that tidbit to my mental list under the hundred others he's offered over my lifetime. Gems, I tell you. Of course, when I lost my ski on the lift under Pole 8 at Breckenridge in high school, I was able to tell the ski patrol exactly where it was because I'd been listening to him tell me for years to remember to look at the pole number of the lifts if I ever lost anything while riding up the mountain. Go figure. I've successfully made it through my third decade and honestly, I still need Dad to keep reminding me what I'm supposed to be remembering.
- My neighbor and I were successful in taking all three kids out for dinner tonight without one meltdown, which was a miracle in itself considering none of them had a nap today.
- Mom and I hit some good sales this week and everyone knows retail therapy is one of my favorite pastimes.
- F had a great week at speech therapy and is still making significant progress. He's talking so much better and even non-family members can understand most of his words now.




- And finally, after a week of dreading Hank's departure to live with a kid-free family, he will be returning to us after all. Hank's adoptive mom-to-be ended up being allergic to Hank and couldn't keep him. They were so disappointed because they fell in love with him as soon as he arrived, but couldn't stand the allergies he was causing. I do have to admit, I'm happy he's coming back. I've missed him. I was heartbroken to see him leave on Friday and the kids were so sad they had to say goodbye. They will be so excited when he shows back up at the door tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment